EXHIBITION OPEN CALL | Abstract Art with New Media – Independent & Image Art Space
Independent & Image Art Space (Chongqing, China) presents an online exhibition open call with the theme of “Abstract Art with New Media”.
ABOUT EXHIBITION THEME
Abstract Art with New Media
Adolph Gottlieb, an American abstract expressionist painter, sculptor, and printmaker, said, “The role of the artist, of course, has always been that of image-maker. Different times require different images. … To my mind certain so-called abstraction is not abstraction at all. On the contrary, it is the realism of our time.”
We invite artists worldwide to share their ideas about abstract art of our time. They may be painting, or artwork created with new media. They may be monumental in scale, may be intense, spontaneous expression, may be a meditative space for ruminating the fundamental questions of human existence. The abstraction has many possibilities.
September 24 – October 22, 2022
September 10, 2022
September 16, 2022
There is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age, or nationality, but the submitted works should respond to the exhibition theme “Abstract Art with New Media”.
SELECTED ARTISTS WILL WIN
- artworks show at a 3D virtual exhibition;
- Chinese-English bilingual online viewing room at our website;
- artworks present on international art platform: ARTLAND;
- Chinese-English bilingual artist promotion on Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account, Art Express App, ZAIYI App and Xiaohongshu, on the platform: MEDIUM, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, Facebook;
- priority to our further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events.
ARTISTS WHO SUBMITTED WORKS
- All artists will be considered for any further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events;
- Submitted works will be promoted to our social media if we think suitable.
- Artist retains the sole copyright for the images;
- Submitted images can be available for public viewing on our website and social media, including in relation to promotional activities for the exhibition;
- All display images will be credited with artists’ name.
$20 for 2 works;
$35 for 4 works;
$50 for 6 works;
Submission fees are non-refundable.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Founded in 2008, Independent & Image Art Space is located in 501 Art Base, which is the most important art zone in Chongqing, next door to one of China’s top art university — Sichuan Fine Arts Institute.
Independent & Image Art Space has been paying close attention to the development of Chinese and international contemporary art. With an open attitude towards the global art scene and unique art vision, Independent & Image Art Space endeavors to participate in the practices of Chinese contemporary art development, especially to improve a deeper understanding of contemporary art in our society.